Abdominal Plastic (belly plastic) — is a series of surgical manipulations, the aim of which is the removal of excess skin from the problem area and removes excess fat tissue if necessary. According to this, the restoration of the tone of the abdominal muscles is carried out. Specialists have the common opinion that abdominoplasty, in addition to the aesthetic component, help to prevent the development of spine diseases, disorders of the work of internal organs, prevent the stagnant phenomena in the area of the small pelvis and lengs.
- folds, skin-fat “apron”;
- excess of the skin and subcutaneous fat in the area of the anterior abdominal wall;
- distinction of direct abdominal muscles;
- noticeable postoperative scars in the stomach area;
- presence of postpartum stretch marks;
- excess skin in the navel zone;
- flabbiness and weakness of the abdominal muscles, lack of aesthetic waist circumference.
- Presence in the patient of uncompensated cardiac and pulmonary insufficiency.
- Disease of decompensated diabetes mellitus.
- Presence of a patient with severe obesity.
- Postoperative scars located at the level above the navel.
- If the patient is planning pregnancy the next year.
It should not be forgotten that abdominoplasty is not an operation intended to treat obesity.
Before taking such surgical intervention, it is necessary to identify problems that have led to overweight. And only after taking all measures to eliminate the primary causes and a possible weight loss, you can begin to eliminate the effects of abdominoplasty. This is related to the fact that this operation when patient has maximum weight, has a risk that after the weight loss, the excess skin and the whole result will be spoiled.
Preparation for surgery:
During the checkup, the doctor will inspect your stomach in a standing and lying position. He will sum up the degree of its hanging and estimate the amount of excess skin and fat tissue of the abdominal. Before the operation, we take the stomach photos so you can compare the results.
Each patient clinic “Estelle” , who will be held plastic surgery of cutting skin and fat folds of abdomen – abdominoplasty, they should read the important information of preparation for surgery and treatment in the postoperative period.
During a consultation with a doctor you should discuss what you do expect from surgery and what you can get.
The operation determinations:
Depending on the type of changes in the area of the front abdominal part, the patient is offered the appropriate type of operation.
Classical abdominoplasty. The most popular operation, during which the extra folds of skin and abdominal fat are removed. A horizontal seam is applied at the level of the pubis that is easy to hide under the underwear line.
Liposuction in the anterior abdominal wall.
Mini-abdominoplasty. In this case, the excess skin is removed under the navel, while the navel stays the untouchable. At the same time, liposuction is performed to reduce fat in the abdominal wall.
The vast abdominoplasty. This procedure is proposed to remove excess skin and fatty tissue not only in the abdomen, but fat tissue at the back. As a result, the seams remain on the sides of the lower back.
Apronectomy. This is a kind of mini-abdominoplasty, which is provided to the patients with a high excess of skin and adipose tissue that hangs over the pubic area. Usually the excess of adipose tissue and skin is removed.
Usually surgery is performed under general anesthesia, but in some cases it can be performed under local anesthesia combined with sedation. At the same time you are in consciousness.
Abdominoplasty – fix changes of the anterior abdominal wall. As a result, the waist becomes thinner after this plastic and the belly becomes fitter because of the removal of the excess fat and improves muscle tone of the front abdominal wall.
- In the first days after the surgery there is a swelling of soft tissues of the abdominal wall, pain during the wound, weakness, a slight increase of body temperature.
- Usually in the early postoperative period the patient is recommended a bed rest, the getting out of bed is allowed only with the help of medical staff. During this period, the doctor gives analgesics – as a rule, in the first two days it is narcotic analgesics, and then the usual analgesics, as well as antibiotics to prevent the infectious. After the wound healing, light physical activity is recommended. This helps to avoid certain complications, raises the mood and accelerates the recovery process after surgery. Usually, such exercises can begin in 14 days after surgery. The removing of stiches will be done in 12-14 days.
- The bandage should be worn for 1-2 months.
- Physiotherapy can be done after the doctor’s recommendation.
- Avoid the direct ultraviolet rays.
Usually, the postoperative scars reach their highest visibility in 3-6 months after the surgery. Then they become less noticeable, pale and become the same skin tone, both on the relief and color.
The main purpose of this operation is to achieve the maximum possible cosmetic effect, so each cut is performed in the lower part of abdomen, in the so-called bikini line, which is covered with clothing!
It is not necessary to think that one operation of abdominoplasty will give you an ideal flat tummy for ever. Take care of your belly! This care consists of physical exercises that strengthen the abdominal muscles, combined with the diet, to prevent the obesity.
Complications after abdominoplasty:
Like any other surgical operation, and even the abdominoplasty, is accompanied by edema and bruises. It can last up to a month, but usually it lasts for 1-2 weeks.